Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Fruit Feast Day 1 and 2

After all of that celebrating in Chicago - aka eating and drinking wayy too much - I came home in need of inspiration and renewed motivation to get ready for my move to Denmark. I had already been considering eating primarily fruits as a way to get back on track, but when I got home, checked my blog reader, and the first post I read is about how my favorite blogger Jenna at Eat.Live.Run. had just completed a 3-Day Fruit Feast, I knew I had to do it.

Day 1

I woke up Tuesday morning and was not even hungry because of the vast amounts of food I had consumed over the past 5 days. However, I took my window of opportunity to use the car I share with my brother and drove to a local farm stand in my town. I bought 2 quarts of strawberries, a cantaloupe, and a tomato. I came home, chopped it all up, and snacked on it all throughout the day. I never felt very hungry, but I think that is mostly because had residual fullness lingering from my trip. Although I wasn't hungry, my body rebelled in a different way and I had a terrible headache from about 4 pm until I went to bed at 11 pm.
in total the first day I ate - 1 average sized cantaloupe, almost 1 full quart of strawberries, and half of a large tomato.


Day 2

I woke up and my headache was gone, and I still wasn't extremely hungry. I had about half a cup of strawberries for breakfast. During the day I went shopping in Boston with my friend Katrina, and I'm not sure if it was because I was keeping busy or still residual fullness, but I still wasn't feeling starving like you might assume. We stopped for lunch at Trident Booksellar & Cafe on Newbury Street. I had a juice called Fresh Complexion made of pineapple, cucumber, celery, and apple. (I broke the fast a bit with the celery...yeah I know im so bad :P) It was pretty good, but the vegetable's flavors definitely had a strong presence, which for me slightly subtracted from its enjoyability factor. I also ate a banana. When we were in the city I also picked up some dates, figs, an apple and some blackberries. I didn't have a headache at all today and also felt like I had a lot more energy than yesterday. Now that I am sitting here at 1:20 am I do feel a bit of hunger, but the cleansing feeling I have is much greater and I am confident I can definitely follow through with the fast ! One more day :)

in total the second day I ate - 1 cup of strawberries, a banana, 1 small fig, 3 large dates, half a small carton of blackberries, and the juice mentioned above.

No comments:

Post a Comment