Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Grilled Vegetable Salad


This meal was inspired solely from a trip to the farmers market and it was so good I’ve already made it twice. It is so good because the vegetables are locally grown and so fresh, and also preparing vegetables on the grill give them such a good flavor, and it’s a great way to make a salad more unique. I used grilled asparagus, summer squash and zucchini, but you can really use anything you want ! After slicing and grilling all of the vegetables, I just mixed them into a bowl of spinach. Again, I love making salads with spinach because it does the same job as lettuce but you get so many more beneficial vitamins. Also, the spinach leaves are sturdier and hold up better, as compared to a bag of spring mix salad for example. Both times I made this salad, I made a homemade balsamic vinaigrette / dressing to go with it. It was just a combination of almost equal parts oil and balsamic vinegar, and then maybe some freshly pressed garlic and one or two teaspoons of Dijon mustard. It was a simple yet delicious dressing to go with a simple yet delicious salad !

No comments:

Post a Comment