Friday, October 7, 2011

Fruit Fast

I decided that after Mathew left, I should do a complete detox from all of the cake I had eaten the week before. I did a fruit fast - eating nothing but fruit for 3 days. Today was the last day of the fast. After eating nothing but figs, grapes, raspberries, and mostly bananas, apples, and pears for 2.75 days, I decided I had accomplished the goal I had set with the fast. My primary reason was to regain control over what I was eating - even if I was so bored of fruit or so hungry for something else I resisted. I can use my regained willpower, for times when I feel like I'm too hungry to cook anything and simply have to scarf down quick snacks, to check myself and then take time to prepare something nutritious and filling.

However, tonight when I got home - I didn't have any more fruit, and didn't even want to think about eating another apple or pear ! Although I felt so hungry and wanted bread, cereal, and yogurt, I kept my control and prepared myself a healthy, high protein, and rather light dinner to break the fast.

Quinoa with red beans and shaved carrots and it was delightful !

No comments:

Post a Comment