Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pintrest Dinner Fail

So there is no denying my newfound obsession with Pintrest. Think: your favorite food, craft, design, travel, and lifestyle blogs combined with twitter. People post cute and cool ideas they find from all over the web, and if you are a memeber you have the ability to 'repin' the things you like to your own pin boards. The themes of my boards are fall, cute animals, things I like, healthy foods, sinfully sweet foods etc...

Well after pinning non stop for the past 72 hours I decided I should definitely make something for dinner with my new found inspiration. I was actually over ambitious and decided to make 3 things ! I was thinking pizza, granola bars, and raw date truffles so that I could have this stuff to bring to work for lunch and snacks.

Well after leaving the grocery store, I started to think about what I was going to make first and how.... and then I realized I FORGOT THE MAIN INGREDIENT FOR EVERY RECIPE :P yeast for the pizza crust, rolled oats for the granola bars, and dates for the DATE truffles ! (well actually I knew I skipped the dates because I couldn't find them)

Anyways, I still had plenty of new ingredients to make dinner with so I ended up making a salad with spinach, tomato, feta cheese, and figs and it was still great. Mark my words : I will make all of the things I originally planned, before the end of the weekend !

No comments:

Post a Comment