Saturday, September 10, 2011

Roasted Veggtable Pitas

I was feeling so inspired about healthy eating after my first yoga class at Fitness World, that on the way home I stopped at Fakta and stocked up on tons of fresh veggies, low fat greek yogurt, flower honey, chickpeas, and whole wheat pitas and pasta.

When I got home I wanted to make some veggie pitas. I roasted slices of eggplant in the oven for 40 minutes, slow cooked a purple onion on the stove for about 30 minutes, sautteed some mushrooms and wilted some spinach.

fixins

final product

I also made some homemade tzaiki sauce and it was so easy to make ! I grated 4 inches of a cucumber on a cheese grater, and then mixed the shavings into 1 cup of greek yogurt and then squeezed half a lemon into it. And thats it !

sauce - eazy peezy

No comments:

Post a Comment